Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bye Bye Nuk!!

That's right! Jenna is officially a "BIG GIRL"! Last night we said "Bye Bye" to her nuks and she entered the Big Girl world!! It's been a rough week with her having HFM, but as it's starting to clear up I feel like it's the perfect time to do this since she will be home with us until Monday and we can have this process pretty well taken care of by the time she goes back to daycare.

Yesterday was a rough day for her b/c she wanted her nuk throughout the day. She is only allowed to have it at bedtime and in the car. She spent the majority of the day crying for her nuk and it was a long day for us all. I was afraid she was becoming more and more dependent on it and figured now was the time to let it go!
Last night went pretty good. She only cried for a little over a half hour at bedtime, then a little bit around 4am. She did a lot better than I thought she would. I know the next few days will be rough, but it will all be worth it in the end.

I feel guilty b/c I feel like she thinks she's being punished or something, but we're just doing what's best for her and soon this will all be a distant memory! That's a picture of her when she was about 5 months old....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com