Friday, August 7, 2009

GOOOOO 3-Day Walkers!

Today is the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk in Chicago! My friend Jenny is walking and I'm so proud of her! (This is Jenny's 3rd walk!) Another friend, Kris, is working in the medical tent! I have been thinking about them and all the other women & men walking & volunteering today to find a cure for breast cancer. It brings tears to my eyes to think about how awesome this event is and what it stands for! It's overwhelming to think about how many people are involved... all of the walkers, the volunteers, the medical staff, the supporters at the cheer stations, the donators, the sponsors, etc! It's down right amazing how such an enormous event can be put together and a mini-city can be built up to house everyone. ALL of this to FIGHT BREAST CANCER!

Last year I participated in the 3-Day walk and I hope to do it again sometime in the future. Here are a few pictures from last year...





Today the walkers are having to endure some rain... not fun when you're walking approximately 20 miles in it!! I hope they are holding up ok and not too many blisters are forming! Best wishes to them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com