Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Recipe for Snow

I saw a post today on a forum I read about making snow ice cream! I thought it sounded fun and yummy, so we gave it a try tonight!!

Snow Cream
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
large bowl of snow (about 3 quarts)

Blend milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough snow to make snow cream to an ice cream consistency.

Variations - There are many variations for snow cream. For example, substitute canned cream for milk for a heavier flavor. Add Nestles Quik for a chocolate snow cream, or use instant cocoa mix. Another variation is to add plump raisins and cinnamon, or add a beaten egg for a nog taste. Puree an overripe banana and add to the mixture. Get creative - you know your family's tastes.

We used the canned sweetened condensed milk tonight to give it more flavor. It was yummy!

Here are some pictures of the kids enjoying it! They really got a kick out of being able to use snow in the recipe!! :)

My cookie monster needed to add some chips ahoy to the mix!!

Just thought I would pass on the recipe to those of you home-bound because of all this mid-west snow!! WHEN WILL IT STOP!?!

And I think this goes without saying, but make SURE you find CLEAN snow!! :)

2 comments:

  1. we had snow ice cream last night too. the kids loved it. they really thought i was yanking their chain.

    btw.... are those pfaltgraff dishes? mine look very similar to those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - Pfaltzgraff dishes.... got them for our wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com