Thursday, May 7, 2009

Shepherd's Stove Top Pie

I love the Kraft magazine & emails. I tried a recipe from an email they recently sent out last night and it turned out pretty yummy, so I thought I would share! :) Enjoy!

Shepherd's STOVE TOP Pie



1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 lb. lean ground beef (could use ground turkey if you wanted)
1/2 cup KRAFT Honey Barbecue Sauce (I used tomato sauce b/c that is what I had - and liked it this way)
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese


HEAT oven to 425ºF. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, brown meat; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; spoon into greased 2-qt. casserole. Top with vegetables, cheese and stuffing.
BAKE 15 min. or until heated through.

(Mine took about 30 min to heat through, but I think I had 2 lbs hamburger b/c I just used a whole package from my freezer. This turned out good - the whole family liked it and it was even good reheated today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com