It's kind of bitter sweet for me though b/c of the migraines that I get from the heat. I've been getting them since I was a kid. It sucks. Sucks really bad. A normal game of golf in 80 degree weather that would just have most people sweating and craving a nice cold one, would likely bring on a massive migraine for me that only sleep, cool air and an ice pack will heal.
I really want to try to change my fate! I wish I could prevent the migraines. Maybe I can? I really haven't given it my all and REALLY tried to prevent them. (Besides just avoiding the heat!!)
So to start, I really need to drastically cut back on caffeine. The main culprit for me is..............

da, Da DA...... Mt. Dew!!!!!!!!!!! Just looking at the picture of that can makes my mouth water and I want one so bad!!!
I don't know how this is going to go. I do know that I will probably get very bad headaches from cutting the caffeine out. So I don't plan to do this cold turkey, like Nicky over at Momma Gets Real did. PROPS to you girl!!!!! Instead, I plan to gradually cut back and hopefully wean myself down to just 1 or 2 a WEEK!
I'm not even going to tell you how many I normally consume in 1 day. But I will say that yesterday I only had 2 and a half Mt Dews and that is REALLY good for me!! And I will also divulge that this can be an expensive habit!! :)
I am hoping that cutting back on caffeine will have multiple health benefits for me....
1. I'm hopeful that it will help prevent migraines.
2. I think I will drink more water, which obviously has a million benefits for one's health. I think I am probably more dehydrated than I realize and hopeful that even just more water will help with the migraines!
3. Less sugar & calories would definitely help with the whole weight loss idea and hopefully I can start working on getting back into shape.
4. I am sure there are many more health benefits, but you get the idea! If you know of one specifically, I'd love to hear it to give me more motivation!!!
I'm planning to have 2 Mt Dews today - and probably for the next few days. Then I'll try to cut back to 1.
Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck Hayley!! When my cyst showed up again about a month ago, I was feeling like ich and decided to give up pop (I was drinking 3-4 cans of Diet Coke/Dr P a day) and I quit cold turkey! I think the side pain overruled the headache pain, but I was able to do it!! I now only have one on the way to work and drink water, water, water!! Got me to lost 4.6 pounds last week! :) I think that was a biggie in the weight loss as I can't exercise yet! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
ReplyDeleteI fully support your caffeine taper idea. I think I would have been a lot less crabby doing it that way. Plus, a few very small measurable goals (2 today, only 1 tomorrow) is good for confidence and continued motivation. Go for it!
ReplyDeleteOh no you did'ent! Good luck with that, I'll be sippin' on my diet coke and praying for you! No, in all serious I hope it helps with your migranes... keep us posted! :-)
ReplyDeleteI remember you drinking those Dews each morning back in high school! That'd be awesome to do it---keep us posted! I should give up my coffee in the morning......you may inspire me! :) WAY TO GO!
ReplyDelete