Tonight a couple of Bryce's best friends came over to play! The kids helped me make English Muffin pizzas -- YUM!
Jenna & Carly had a blast spreading the pizza sauce onto the muffins! (I think they may have had a couple "licks" in there!!)
Mmmmm... Jenna likes pizza sauce! :)
Carly stayed to help finish the pizzas, she put the pepperoni on, the cheese & all!
Time to eat! Bryce & Carly both asked for seconds! They were a big hit!
Punky Rue likes it too! (Are you surprised!? What doesn't she like!?)
Oops - you can't expect dinner with 4 kids to happen without a little mess - can you!? By the way, after this happened, Bryce informed me "Mom - you SHOULD have put lids on our cups!!". Oh really?? Hmmm - great concept - I will try it next time! ha!Today was a bitter-sweet day. CSW offered my job to a candidate today and he accepted. Obviously, this is a good thing b/c it allows me to train the new person for a whole week and everything, but I must say I was a bit sad to "see my job go". I've been there 3 and a 1/2 years and have really taken pride in my work and everything we do there! Of course, there is a LOT I will not miss at all -- but I really have enjoyed the work I do there!
Speaking of hiring someone... I had a good time searching for my replacement, checking out resumes and interviewing people. It's been a weird situation to try to replace myself, but fun at the same time. One resume I got said "I'm proficient in online social networking groups, such as MySpace, Facebook and Twitter." So in otherwords, I think this person was stating that they are REALLY good at wasting time!! :) No thanks! I had one "kid" (and I do mean kid) show up in jeans!! Nice. Had another guy spend the whole interview talking about his dad and how every job and opportunity he's had has been given to him by his dad. Although it may be true, I don't think I would highlight something like that in a job interview!!
Although, I got a chuckle from a few conversations, I was saddened by the number of people I talked to over the last two weeks who have lost their jobs through all of the cuts lately. It's such a scarey world right now and hopefully jobs will start to become available for all of those people very soon!
Lastly -- I want to leave you with a cute little video of Jenna waving to the camera. She's so funny when she waves and she LOVES to say "Hiiiiiiii" and "Byyyyyyeeeee"!


No comments:
Post a Comment