Saturday, June 20, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours!!

It's been a really bad week at my house. Yes, I suppose it could be worse. But I'm definitely feeling the "when it rains, it pours" theory. First we got back from vacation with 2 sick kids and I had to miss a day of work, then Bryce was very sick on his birthday and completely miserable, then I had to cancel Bryce's birthday party and rescheduled for a date that only works for one of his friends, and THEN today Bryce & I were in an accident.

We are fine and not hurt. Thank goodness for that. My van on the other hand is most likely totalled. Bryce was in the very back, 3rd row, of the van and the impact was in the front passenger side, so not near him. (Thank God) He has a little rash on his shoulder from his seatbelt. My airbag went off and hit me pretty hard, but I'm fine. I have a bruised chin and a sore shoulder, but very minor things.

SIGH... It's been a long day. I feel extremely guilty about this whole thing and the situation it puts us in. We relied on that van a lot as our "big" vehicle and reliable vehicle to travel in. Yes, we have insurance, and yes, I'm sure things will work out. But I feel terrible and just can't believe this happened. I know what you're thinking.... it's just a car and the most important thing is Bryce & I are fine. I agree and I know that, but the guilt is still lingering and very strong.

I also feel very guilty about putting Bryce through this. He's young and I know they are resilient, but I hope it doesn't scare him and make him worry about being in the car. I think I will be a little anxious driving the first few times, but soon it will be back to normal I'm sure.

I thank God that Bryce & I are ok and walked away with very minor "scratches". That IS the most important thing. I pray that the other person is ok. And guess we will just "keep truckin along" and push through this setback.

1 comment:

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com