Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pass It On, Baby!

So I ran across a pretty cool blog today during my "web searching" and wanted to pass it on! Pass It On, Baby is a group of 2 ladies who have started a charity helping families in need get clothes for their children. Moms and Dads from struggling families can write to Pass It On Baby (PIOB) and tell them the sizes of clothes they need. Then PIOB posts the size & gender on the site and generous people (like me & you) can say - "hey - I have a whole bin of boys 2T down in my basement" and pack up a box for the family to receive. There are lots of charities out there who will accept your gently used children's clothes, but I thought this was really neat for a couple reasons...

1) It's a little idea from 2 Moms that has BOOMED and is helping out so many families right now.

2) You get to know you are helping a particular family & little one. You know you're sending 2T boys clothes - so probably for a 2 year old little boy.

3) It's a great lesson to teach our own children... "we're helping a 2 year old little boy so that he has nice clothes to wear everyday"!

4) The ladies in charge of PIOB have stated on their blog that a very large percentage of the families that have received clothes are so touched that they write back to PIOB and offer up clothes that their children have outgrown. It really is a "Pay It Forward" experience.

I know a lot of us are keeping our baby clothes for more upcoming babies we may be having, neices & nephews, but do keep this site in mind if you have an abundance of a certain size. I am going to be watching their "immediate need" list for a size I can contribute to.

We all struggle in life in one way or another and I think this is such an uplifting blog and I admire these women for taking on this huge task of helping other Moms and families out there who really need it right now!

So pass this site on... maybe you know a family who could really use the help of PIOB right now... or maybe you know someone who has clothes piled high throughout the house that would love to donate through PIOB.

www.passitonbaby.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com