Thursday, October 15, 2009

Self Discipline

Self Discipline... do you have it? I have to admit, I'm lacking it in most areas! I try though! Jenna, on the other hand, is taking it to a whole new level! For the past few weeks, when she throws her crying fits, we put her in time out and tell her she can get up when she's done crying. It's been working... for the most part. :) Over the last couple days, she will catch herself throwing a fit, and will walk herself right over and sit down on the time out chair until she stops crying!!! Yes - all on her own!! When she puts herself there, she tends to stop crying within about 10 seconds or so! It's so funny and cute at the same time!

Bryce & I just look at each other and laugh as we watch Jenna put herself in time out! :) What a cutie!

I've been at home with the kids for the past couple days. Bryce woke up Wednesday with a cough, sore throat and was extremely congested. Preschool is very strict and will not let kids come with a cough, runny nose or any cold symptoms. So we kept him home. My friend & neighbor called Wednesday to say her son tested positive for Influenza A or H1N1. We were with them Monday and Tuesday! Yikes. So I kept them home an extra day today just to keep an eye on things and hopefully not spread our germs. Still no fevers though or any sign that this is more than just a cold. So unless things change, tomorrow we'll go back to normal.

My neighbor's son is doing good and I think he's through the worst of it. At least we hope! Seems sickness is all around. I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!! Get some extra sleep!! :)
Have a good weekend and GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com