Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Elfacon

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! We woke up to quite a surprise this morning! The Elfacon had come to our house and messed everything up!!!!!! Elfacon?? You are probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about. He is widely known as the Leprechaun! Bryce has been calling him the Elfacon though - and we thought it was funny, so we're sticking with it! :)

When we came downstairs this morning, all of the furniture was tipped over and there were green coins and green grass (yes - Easter grass) ALL OVER THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The look on Jenna's face was soooooo priceless! "Uhhhhhh - what happened!?!??!" She was so sweet! The kids ran around picking up all the coins and adding them to their "pots". (um - those are actually salsa dishes! haha!! If you haven't guessed, I sent Cory to the store to pick all this stuff up - green Easter grass, salsa dishes, SILLY STRING?!?!? - who's cleaning that up?? haha! :) The green Easter grass actually worked out great though and helped make a BIG mess!

They had a blast running around finding everything the Elfacon had messed up. Bryce thinks the Elfacon was also in Jenna's room b/c he found a piece of pink string on her floor. (Or maybe I just need to vacuum!?)

I really wish the Elfacon would come back while I'm at work today to clean all of this up!! :) Happy St. Patty's! Drink a Green Beer for me!!! :)

7 comments:

  1. we did something similar to this one year. braxton set up a trap and when he got home the house was a mess and the trap had been set off, but that dang leprechaun had gotten away! looks like so much fun! maybe i should do this again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious hayley! your are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea...but all that green grass all over your house is giving me a little anxiety! I'm sure glad the Elfacon didn't find us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea guys, except my house already looks a little like this (without the Elfacon!) I got out some Easter stuff and I have grass everywhere. That stuff never goes away and shows up in the strangest places! Happy cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a laugh! You are a much better mom than I :) I'm with Darc - my house already looks a little like this with no elf to blame it on. The salsa dishes are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW!!! So cute!!! I love it that you did this for your darlings! I will have to steal this one for next year. This year, I realized it was St. Patty's Day around 4:00 in the afternoon that day! :) Calendar, what calendar? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I will have to remember that next year, but I agree with Sonya, much anxiety with all the green grass everywhere:)

    ReplyDelete

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com