Tonight as we were eating supper, Bryce asked if it had started snowing yet. I told him that I didn't think it would start until we go to bed. He then said.... "So, do you think God is holding all the snow in his hands until we go to bed?". I said, "Well, he could be. What do you think?". (After the episode in the grocery store when he wondered where our babies are before they enter Mommy's tummy, I Googled how to deal with situations like this!! I read some good advice that said to just throw the question back at them and ask them what they think? That gives you an idea of how "deep" they are thinking and a better idea of how to answer their question.)
He went on to say, "I think God has lots of buttons he can push. You know, one that says Winter, one that says Summer, one that says Snow and one that says Valentine's Day." I said, "Wow, that would be pretty cool! How do you think God decides which button to push?" Bryce said, "Well, he knows which day should be Valentine's Day and when he wants it to snow and then he pushes the button and it just spreads everything out all over the world!".
I love hearing their sweet & innocent interpretation of how the world works! It's so adorable! I guess who am I to say though... maybe God does have some buttons he pushes!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

how adorable! he is probably smarter about things like that than we are. what a great thing to look back later on in life and see all the sweet and innocent things they say:)
ReplyDelete