Monday, February 22, 2010

Facial Fun

Last night I went to a friends house and had some "facial fun" at her Mary Kay party. It has been a LONG time since I have been to a Mary Kay party. We had one at our house in college, but that was a good 12 years ago or so! It's been quite some time since I have tried the products.

The Mary Kay consultant is my friend's Mother-in-Law who just recently moved to our area. She has been doing Mary Kay for 37 years and of course has her pink Cadillac! (How cool!!!!!)

I loved the Time Wise facial care products. They have combined the cleanser, exfoliate and toner into one product! LOVE that idea! Who has time to use 12 different products?? (Ok - so 12 is an exaggeration - but you know what I mean!) As you know from my last blog post, I have been wanting a new facial care routine - so I was excited to try & buy this!


After the 3-in-1 cleanser comes the moisturizer. I also loved this.... and bought it. Our consultant explained that Mary Kay has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and if we buy something that doesn't end up working or we don't like it, we can return it and she encouraged us to do that. This is very reassuring to me b/c the products weren't cheap and I would hate to spend this much money on something that I use for a week and decide it isn't working for me. She said to NEVER let the Mary Kay items into your "cosmetic cemetery" - you know - that box that is under your bathroom sink holding all the "mistakes" you've bought over the years. :)

The Time Wise set included foundation - I went with the Mineral Powder. I loved the light and even finish it gave me. I am not a liquid foundation type person.



And just for fun, I did purchase the Downtown Brown lipstick - which I LOVED!

AND the Cream & Sugar lip gloss! They actually look great together too!


I had to stop there b/c I was worried my husband would FLIP OUT if I spent any more money! Our consultant CRACKED me up with her HUP payment plan though. HUP - Husband Unawareness Plan.... you can use a little cash, write a small check and put a little on a credit card! haha! I resisted the HUP plan.... this time. :)

But I do have a wish list and will save my "spare change" to get the eyesicles, the Time Wise Eye Cream and the Satin Hands set. Loved those products too!


3 comments:

  1. i like the downtown brown lipstick too. i don't wear it anymore, but did:) looks like you cleaned up pretty good. aren't the eyesicles great?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lip gloss. My cousin sells Mary Kay and I always make her get me some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun - YEAH for new stuff! I am such a lover of their timewise stuff too. I'm sure you;ll love it!

    ReplyDelete

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com