Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Great Trade-In

Last week when I went to Toys 'R Us to get a Birthday gift for Jenna, I noticed that they were having a Trade-In sale. If you bring in any old baby gear (car seat, stroller, crib, high chair, etc), you can take 25% off a new piece of baby gear! I think this is a pretty cool sale. Especially if you have car seats that are old, grimy and about ready to meet the expiration mark.

This morning, I took in Jenna's car seat from our van and got her a new one! I saved $45! Wow! :)

She LOVED it and spent all afternoon getting in and out and then having to yell for help when she couldn't unbuckle herself! :)

We decided to bring all the car seats in to clean & re-adjust the straps. When Cory brought Bryce's in from the car and I saw the straps barely fit around him, we thought it would be best to go trade that one in as well. That was a seat we got from a neighbor a few years ago and it is expired now.

So back to Babies 'R Us I went to get another car seat! And saved another $45! :)

We got 2 Graco Nautilius 3 in 1 seats. We already have one that Bryce uses in the van. We LOVE this seat. It is comfortable for him, the headrest is great for sleeping kids and adjusts to the height they need, AND it has a cup holder built into the arm rest. I realize most car seats have cup holders - but they seem to be those plastics pieces that clip on to the side of the seat. Those are so flimsy and Jenna cannot reach her cup when it's there. Anyways - we love the seat and we now have 3 of them. Jenna's car seat in Cory's car still fits her and is only about 18 months old, so we'll keep it for now and upgrade that one next Winter!
I thought I would let you guys know about the sale just in case you are also in need of some new gear! The sale goes through Feb 20th!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to checking expiration dates. I'm a car seat freak. Hope you didn't find quite as many nasties under the kids' seats as I did the last time we cleaned out the car. Uuuugh!

    ReplyDelete

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com