I'm a little worried that Jenna is going to grow up to be a hoarder! She has this "thing" where she needs to take a variety of items to bed with her. Each night after I put her in her bed, she takes a quick inventory to make sure it's all there! Last night, after I shut her door, she cried and screamed. I walked back in and through her sobs, she kept saying "My Pig, My Pig!". I had forgot to put her toy Piggy Bank in her bed! Seriously!?!?

I'm not sure WHY she insists on taking all this stuff to bed. Is it because she doesn't want anyone to play with it while she's sleeping? Does it really take this many items to get her in her "comfort zone"? Do these items give her sweet dreams? Is it so that she has something to play with when she wakes up at 3am? Does she think I'm going to sell them while she's sleeping? (I've been cleaning house!! ha!) I'm not sure what it is, but it's starting to become an "issue". Soon there isn't going to be room for Jenna! And are we going to need to carry all this stuff over to her big girl bed? (I'm dreading that move!!)
So here's what she took to bed with her last night...
Pink Carebear
Baby #1 (Ryan)
Baby's Blanket #1
Baby's Bottle
Shoes
Elmo Book
2 Doodlebops Books
Bear
Blanket
Puppy (aka Ruf Ruf)
Blaket #2
Baby #2 (Ryan)
Baby's Blanket #2
Piggy Bank
Her favorite shoes
Baby #3
Baby #4
2 Pillows
and her water cup!
There is a little baby at daycare named Ryan, so now all of her baby's are named Ryan! :) It's funny.
I'm not sure what to think about this whole situation. I think we're allowing it to get out of hand! But if you know Jenna, you know that sometimes it's just easier to do what she wants than to try to change her ways. Is it really that big of a deal that she wants to take 21 items to bed with her?!?!
These are the things that make me adore & love her soo much! Her personality is one that is so hard to explain and so incredibly fun!

Love the diagram...that is hillarious!!
ReplyDeleteso funny!! whatever helps her sleep through the night, right?
ReplyDeletelol~ love how you pointed to everything. she will love looking back at this.
ReplyDeleteFunny!! Bowen likes having all his stuff too, though he only has 2 blankets, a pillow and a monkey(sometimes 2 monkey's)! But, before I can get him out he hands me everything one by one, then he will let me get him...it's a handfull!!!
ReplyDeleteit's like the scene from E.T. Is there really a baby in there? She's camoflaged! Really, really cute!
ReplyDelete