Saturday, April 25, 2009

St. Jude Trike-A-Thon

Bryce participated in a St. Jude Trike-A-Thon with his preschool friends! He had a GREAT time and so far has raised $315!! WOW!! GO BRYCE! (I'll update you all later on final numbers and how much the preschool raised... the numbers aren't calculated yet! :)

St. Jude Children's Hospital is awesome and we're proud to be part of this event! We've spent a lot of time explaining to Bryce the meaning behind the Trike-a-Thon and why he's raising money. Thursday we went to the doctor for Jenna to get shots and an ear check and Bryce told the doctor... "I'm doing a trike-a-thon to get money for the doctors at the hospital to make all the kids better. I can get YOU money too!!" haha! It was so cute! She got a kick out of that!!

Thank you SOO much to everyone that donated! Your money is going to a great cause and a wonderful organization!

Bryce finished 20 laps! I was a little worried when he told me his legs were tired after only 3 laps!! :) But he kept going... stopping after EVERY lap for a drink of water! After the Trike-a-Thon, Bryce's friend Victoria asked him to go out for ice cream and then play at her house! He was so excited and I was so greatful to Victoria (and her Mom Stacy) for taking Bryce out for a special treat b/c I had to get back to work.

Here are a few pictures from the Trike-A-Thon!

Bryce & his decorated bike!

Bryce & Victoria

The whole group!

Rounding the first lap!



A little pit stop!


Having a snack after the event was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com