Tuesday, April 20, 2010

All in Due Time

Last night after I picked up the kids, we went to get Bryce's haircut. Jenna said, "I get haircut too!"

Flashes of Jenna's first (and only) haircut started to pop into my head. She screamed and SCREAMED as the poor woman tried to cut Jenna's hair! It was a disaster. Here's a picture of that first haircut to refresh your memory!

I looked at Jenna and said, "You want to sit there like a big girl and get your haircut?" She said, "uh huh", shaking her head yes as if it was no big deal and like she does this all the time! I hesitated, but if she wanted to get her haircut, how could I say no?? I reluctantly gave the woman Jenna's name and crossed my fingers!

When it was Jenna's turn, she sat up in that chair like it was her job... and did exactly as she was told..... look down, ok, look in the mirror, etc. I watched in awe as Jenna got her haircut like a BIG GIRL!

My husband often says that Jenna will do things on her own schedule. If you push her and make her do them when she is not ready, WATCH OUT! But all in due time, she will come around!

Disclaimer - I am in NO WAY admitting my husband is right. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the disclaimer. I thought you were admitting that he was right and we must never ever do that:) Glad it went smoother this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! glad you put the disclaimer on there too:) good job jenna for being such a big girl.

    ReplyDelete

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com