Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Soccer Mom??

Am I cut out to be a Soccer Mom??

Well, I do have the van....

The problem is that I know NOTHING about soccer. Like really..... Nothing! Soccer was not big in the area I grew up in - you know, back in the day! I think it's gaining a lot of popularity now, but back then we may have played it once or twice in gym class?? (did we??) That's the extent of my exposure!

Last night was Bryce's first soccer practice! He had a BLAST and was so excited to play! I picked up some shin guards at Sports Authority for $1.97! Yes - one dollar and 97 cents! SCORE! (How many points is a goal in soccer!? ha!) We also got some cute soccer shoes on the clearance rack for $9 and some soccer shorts on sale for $7.99! He was ready. He demonstrated how fast the shoes made him! FAST! :)

Even if his Mom had NO idea what to expect, he still looked the part. Or did he?? Turns out that those shin guards are supposed to go UNDER the socks! Wow. I have a lot to learn.

It does make sense though because let me tell you.... he got MUDDY! And those shin guards are hard to clean and not something you just throw in the washer. At least I don't think you're supposed to! Hell - I have no idea! I washed them in the sink and hung them to dry. I figured I better play it safe. I mean, I wouldn't want to ruin a pair of $1.97 shin guards!


I do have to wonder if those little Velcro straps would hurt up against your skin when they are UNDER your socks though? Do you wear 2 pairs of socks? Do you fold the socks down over the shin guards?


I AM going to get these shin guards figured out! I'll leave the rest up to the coaches! Hopefully I'll learn a thing or two about soccer this year as well! I think it's a sport Bryce could really enjoy and be good at!

GO BLUE THUNDER!!!

3 comments:

  1. i love that last picture of all the kids in the huddle. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet his uncle Mark could teach him a thing or two about soccer...wasn't he an All-American or something!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you aren't the only one that sent you kid with the shin guards on the outside... b/c i did it too:) i could never get into soccer and thankfully my boys have decided they don't like it and i won't have to pretend anymore that i like it. i do hope that bryce likes it and that you do learn all about it. i think that was my problem in not liking it... i didn't know anything about it. now basketball and baseball..... that's a whole different story:)

    ReplyDelete

 

dream weaver stats
Vistaprint.com